Attached are the Full Results of the PNG 2014 Athletics. Thankyou to Tyne Artiaga=Pantangco the encoder of PATAFA for providing this.
PNG 2014 Athletics Results
10k Womens Splits
taken by Coach Ojon Artiaga
- Grumpy 37:48
- Tabby 39:03
- Mangsat 39:28
Injury list reports by members of team or training pool
- Alejan – ankle (prior during SEA Games)
- Bertek – calve (prior)
- Josie – hamstring/long term (prior)
- Mejia – lower calve (prior)
- Utdohan – quad (during 100 finals)
- Dagmil – hamstring (during 4×100)
- Cray – hamstring (during 400H)
- Del Prado – hamstring (during 400)
- Donvont – hamstring (during Long Jump) (Fil-Heritage non-training pool)
PRIORITY ATHLETES PERFORMANCES EVALUATION
Archand Bagsit the SEA Games Champion in 400m, won the 400m at the National Games. While Non-Training pool Ryan Bigyan was second at PNG, and Julius Nierras took third. Note Nierras is a priority athlete for the 4x400m, he did not run the individual 400m at the SEA Games.
While the other two members of the relay team Edgardo Alejan (400m Silver also SEA Games) presented a medical certificate before the PNG. Hence did not participate and Isidro Del Prado Jr. sustained a hamstring injury in the 400 Heats during the National Games. While De Prado was checked by PSC medical staff and advised he wouldn’t be able to run the final he then obtained a medical certificate via SMAP Doctor.
Other Gold Medalists Performances
- Henry Dagmil the SEA Games Long Jump Champion won the Long Jump at the National Games.
- Eric Cray SEA Games 400m Hurdles Champion won the 100 meter dash at the National Games and 4x100m relay, however he hurt his hamstring in the 400 Hurdles heats and also obtained a medical certificate via SMAP Doctor.
- Christopher Ulboc 3000m Steeples Champion won his event at the National Games.
Other Medalist Performances
- Mervin Guarte who is the SEA Games 800m Silver medalist won the 800 and 1500m at the National Games.
- Arniel Ferrera SEA Games Hammer Silver medalist won the Hammer Throw.
- Narcisca (silver hepta) won the Heptathlon.
- Riezel Buenaventura (bronze pole vault) won the Pole Vault.
- Eric Panique (Bronze Marathon) didn’t participate as his event was not played at the National Games.
- Jessica Lyn Barnard (Bronze 3000m Steeples), (based overseas) presented a medical certificate as she had sustained a foot injury which ruled her out of the National Games.