Patrick Unso Reclaims National Hurdles Record
Patrick Unso, reclaimed the Philippines Men’s National Record of the Great Eric Shauwn Cray at the 2015 SEA Games.
Hence it was second time lucky for Unso who first competed in the 2011 SEA Games as 19 year old in Palembang. Yet due to hamstring injuries he missed the 2013 SEA Games.
While it was Jamras Rittidet of Thailand who had won the last three SEA Games who secured the win in 13.69 seconds. Hence Rittidet won his fourth SEA Games title. Rayzam Sofian(Malaysia) retained his silver medal in 13.97. While in an epic finish Patrick Unso (Philippines) lunged ahead of Muhd Mat Hasan (Malaysia) 14.12 to 14.15. SEA Games bronze medalist from 2013 Xaysa Anounsane (Laos) finished way back in sixth.Clinton Kingsley Bautista the other Filipino finished seventh in 15.01.
Yet the last man to win a medal at the SEA Games in the 110 Hurdles was a silver from Patrick’s father Renato Unso. While Eric Cray set the previous National Record in his first time to goto the Philippines in 2013 at the PNG.
The Progression of the National Record is as follows
- 14.75 Alonzo Jardin, 1997 Chinese City Games
- 14.58 Patrick Unso , 2011 Palembang, SEA Games
- 14.47 Patrick Unso, 2011 Vietnane, ASEAN School Games
- 14.22 Eric Shauwn Cray, 2013 Pasig, PNG
- 14.17 Eric Shauwn Cray, 2013 Pasig, PNG
- 14.12 Patrick Unso, 2015 Singapore, SEA Games