Taipei Open Track and Field
Full write up on the Taipei open later with in depth analysis. Only Lopena and Camino exceeded there personal best performances of the athletes sent.
In the days of Keon and Tony Benson athletes being sent overseas should have been ready for the minimal which is breaking PB. Some athletes even ‘Failed’ to break there seasons best (Starting January 2016).
While an even better target should be to break National Records, some of which are still lagging far behind our South East Asian neighbors or reach at least at the very least the SEA Games bronze criterion. The SEA Games being one of the lowest standard international meets.
The PSC has given a 41 million budget this year to PATAFA its biggest budget in known history. Hence this leaves very little excuses for poor performances.
The Taipei Open was held 19 and 20 May 2016. A small contingent was sent to represent the Philippines.
Please note Camino time of 9.16.84 is very close to the All-Time Top 10 list with the 9.16.3 being the standard While Lopena 10.67, ranks him 9th on the Phi All Time List.
Lopena has been primarily coached by Joseph Sy at CSB, while Camino has been trained by New National Coach Rene Herrera ‘The Calve man’ (5 time SEA Games Champion) in Baguio.
Improve Best Times
- 7th Final Anfernee Lopena 10.81 Mens 100m, Heats 10.67 0.3 PB (Previous 10.74 NCAA February, 2016)
- Silver Immuel Camino 9.16.84 Mens Steeples PB (Previous from 2014 NCAA 9.19.74)
- 4th Riezel Buenaventura 3.55m Womens PV (Seasons Best) (PB is 3.90 2012)
- Silver Harry Diones 15.75m +2.2 Mens TJ (Seasons Best) (PB is 16.11m 2015)
- Immuel Camino 15.26.88 (Seasons Best) (PB is 15.08.39, 2014)
No Improvements on Seasons Best
- Ernest Obiena 5.25m (please not still quite a solid performance and Silver Medal) (PB is 5.50m 2016)
- Evalyn Palabrica 45.92m (Bronze) (PB is 48.25m 2014)
- Jomar Udtohan 10.84 (Heats) 10.75 semis (PB is 10.65 at nationals in May)
- Donovont Arriola 7.02m , 13th Mens Long Jump (PB is 7.64m 2015)
- Mark Harry Diones 6.77m , 19th Mens Long Jump (PB is 7.29m 2015)
- Clinton Kingsley Bautista 15.25 12th Mens 100 Hurdles (PB is 14.22 2014)
- Mens 4×100 41.30 heats, 6th 41.24 finals (Ran 40.54 at nationals 2016)
- Elbren Neri 1.54.07 heats, 1.55.09 Finals 5th (PB is 1.52.16 2016)
- Ernest Obiena Pole Vault Mens
- Mark Harry Diones Triple Jump Mens
- Immuel Camino 3000m Steeples Mens
- Evalyn Palabrica Javelin Womens